Dowels are used extensively in concrete jointed roads and underpasses in extreme conditions as well as a host of other places, but the Achilles heel of steel is its vulnerability to corrosion.
Mateendowel™ does not corrode even when exposed to de-icing salts and salty soils. It is designed to provide excellent load transfer across expansion joints between slabs.
Mateendowel™ rules in:
- Bridge decks and barrier walls
- Jointed concrete pavements
- Mechanically-stabilized wall panels
- Expansion and contraction joints
- Approach slabs
Mateendowel™ has similar properties to Mateenbar™ and also provides:
- Corrosion-free and high chemical resistance
- The longest life cycle of all dowel types
- High shear strength for load transfer efficiency
- 1/4 the weight of steel dowel, it is faster and safer to handle
- Significant savings over stainless steel dowels
- Low bond strength – no need to grease dowels or add bond breaker sleeves
- Corrosion-free joint system reducing maintenance costs
The Rotterdam Port (pictured) used Mateendowel™ and Mateenbar™ for the container terminal upgrade in 2020.